What is NorCRIN?
NorCRIN is a Norwegian national research infrastructure body. Its primary objective is to strengthen and simplify collaboration in all categories of clinical research in Norway. The NorCRIN collaboration is expected to produce the following results:
- More researcher-initiated clinical trials
- More national clinical trials
- More patients participating in clinical trials
- Participation in more international (Nordic/EU) clinical trials
- More industry-funded clinical trials
- Increased scope and pace of implementation in clinical trials
- Increased basis for research-based clinical practice
NorCRIN is a partnership consisting of all six university hospitals in Norway:
- Akershus University Hospital Trust
- Oslo University Hospital Trust
- Stavanger University Hospital Trust
- Haukeland University Hospital Trust
- St. Olav’s Hospital Trust
- University Hospital of North Norway
The NorCRIN Secretariat is based at St. Olav’s Hospital Trust and is led by Network Coordinator Sigrun K. Sæther together with Project Manager Knut Hagen, Medical Advisor, CTU, St. Olav’s Hospital Trust.
The Board Chair of NorCRIN is Kristin Bjordal, Head of Regional Research Support at Oslo University Hospital Trust.
Our motto is “More research, better quality and less administration”.
A number of the work packages in NorCRIN focus on developing infrastructure that aims to resolve and harmonise national tasks and challenges. We are allocated these via assignment documents from the Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services and the regional health authorities, our partners, input from other infrastructure bodies or our users, and they can be easily implemented at each hospital. This will lead to a more coordinated, transparent and harmonised implementation at all hospitals. In addition, a number of the measures will directly strengthen the competence of researchers and support staff and enable them to conduct high-quality clinical trials. Infrastructure examples include procedures for planning, implementing and completing clinical trials, data management, monitoring, GCP courses and GCP course templates.
If you would like to know more about the research support NorCRIN offers, please contact the NorCRIN contact person in your health region.
Board of Directors